Diversity and Inclusion Policy Statement
Management Business Solutions, Inc. (MBS) respects, values and celebrates the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We believe that our strength lies in our diversity among the broad range of individuals we employ, candidates and client we represent. We consider diversity and inclusion a driver of excellence and seek out diversity through participation, thought, and action. It is our aim, therefore, that our owners, employees, community and business partners reflect and embrace these core values.
Diversity and Inclusion Initiative
MBS strives to support our employees, candidates, community partners and business relationships through its leadership by providing the best resources to enable a positive impact on staffing and recruitment processes. By modeling excellence around diversity and inclusion, MBS is better situated to respond to the unique needs of the clients we represent within three categories:
It is important to support and nurture the interns, employees, and team members by creating a positive work environment and a structure that enables them to be engaged in their jobs and to challenge them appropriately to support growth.
Individuals, organizations, and corporations have the potential to offer insight and expertise on strategies related to diversity and inclusion initiatives. We are committed to working collaboratively with key stakeholders to strengthen the integrity, impact, and talent deliverables we provide.
Programs and Resources
MBS strives to leverage its business and personal relationships and community partnerships to enhance the diverse and inclusive representation of candidates to clients we serve. Our customized staffing solutions help attract and promote diversity and inclusion with an emphasis on standards and best practices; career pipeline; and professional development.
MBS Anti-Racism & Discrimination Statement
As a minority-owned and women-owned business in the staffing and recruiting sector, we at Management Business Solutions (MBS) are committed both inside and outside of the office to support and lead inclusion with our candidates, our clients, and our communities. As an organization founded on and committed to assisting employers to build organizations and cultures which maximize inclusion and leveraging myriad skills and talents, we condemn the loss of life and potential. As a company and as individuals, we see the reality of Black Lives in our country and we stand with you. Because of our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity, we recognize and stand against systemic racism and oppression toward black people and other people of color.
While we may not all relate to nor understand the struggles and injustice that black people endure, it cannot be denied. We at MBS will not be silent about systemic racism nor about oppression. As an organization, we promote and will continue to promote diversity, access and inclusion in the workplace – ensuring that everyone has equal opportunities.
Diversity and Inclusion Activities
- Our internal workforce invites and supports diversity. When it comes to recruiting talent, people follow people, not policies. We ensure that our recruiting team comes from diverse backgrounds of both education and experience. Our team has a network and we will be able to attract diverse job seekers.
- We have relationships with minority organizations such as BL2END, West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, West Michigan Asian American Association, WBENC, WISE, West Michigan Fair Housing Center, GROW, etc. (See below for more).
- MBS is a minority-owned company with Micro LBE, WBE and WOSB certifications.
- We are recognized as a Diversity Leader by Corp Magazine.
- We are recognized as Minority Advocate of the Year Award by GR Chamber.
- MBS fosters a culturally sensitive work environment internally and encourages clients to do the same.
- Our recruiters understand and continually research demographic changes in the workforce.
- We ensure that our staff understands diversity is not synonymous with minority, while also advocating to increase access and opportunities for people of color and other minorities.
- We encourage organizations to make appropriate internal cultural changes that promote diversity and inclusion and enable minorities to thrive.
Community Involvement (Past and Current)
- WISE (Women in Successful Enterprises), Co-Founder
- WBEC-Great Lakes (Women’s Business Enterprise Council), Certification Council
- MiDiCo (Michigan Diversity Connections), Founding Member
- BL2END (Business Leaders Linked to Encourage New Directions), Advisory Board
- AHRM (Association of Human Resources Management), Board Member
- GRYP (Grand Rapids Young Professional), Advisory Board
- Heart of West Michigan United Way – Board Member and Project Blueprint
- West Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Women’s Resource Center, Board Member and Board Chair
- Fair Housing Center of West Michigan, Board Member
- American Red Cross, Board Member and Volunteer
- YMCA (Spartan Stores), Board Member
- Varnum Diversity Council, Advisory Council Member
- Experience Grand Rapids, Diversity Advisory Council
- GR Community Foundation, Diversity Advisory Council
- WMAAA (West Michigan Asian American Association), Member
- Michigan Minority Business Development Council, Project One Member
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce, Member
- APO (Asian Professionals Organization), Member
- MAP (Multiracial Association Professionals), Member
- Leadership Goodwill, Cohort
- Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW), Board Member
- Hello West Michigan, Member
- Aquinas Alumni Leadership Council, Board Member
- Our Community’s Children, Mayor’s 100 Program Volunteer